Owner & Head Coach
Andrew has spent the last few years training with some of the best fighters and martial artists in the world, along with training with the best fighters in the state and Midwest. He learns directly from some of the best coaches in the world at Roufusport in Milwaukee, so his knowledge and teachings come directly from the source!
Here is a list of some of Andrew’s accolades/accomplishments:
– Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Instructor underneath Professor Daniel Wanderley
– Kickboxing / Muay Thai Instructor underneath renowned Coach Duke Roufus
– Head Coach of Resurgence MMA / Roufusport Appleton’s fight team
– Professional MMA Fighter
– Formerly ranked #1 in the state of WI as an Amateur
– Former Pure FC Lightweight Champion
– Ranked #5 for IBJJF’s world rankings (Adult/Purple/Heavy/No-Gi)
– Numerous Silver/Bronze medals across IBJJF tournaments
– NAGA Purple Belt Champion (Gi) 2020
– Numerous Silver/Bronze medals across the top Midwest tournaments
– Certified QRA Practitioner (Scientific study of human movement)
– CF-L1 (CrossFit Level 1 Trainer)
BJJ Instructor, MMA Coach
Chuck Gruber is one of our MMA Coaches at Resurgence MMA / Roufusport Appleton. Chuck has been in the MMA scene for decades, training with some of the best fighters & coaches in the world. Before joining Resurgence, Chuck has had many many years of training with different coaches/fighters that you may have heard of such as Randy Couture, Matt Hughes, Anthony “Rumble” Johnson, Eddie Bravo, Robert Drysdale, Gilbert Jamal Smith, Chris & Brian Camozzi, to name a few. Many years of Wrestling with Ray Yeager who was an NAIA All American from Edinboro University. Years of Kickboxing training with Methuselah “Lah” Thao who was an RFA Champion at one point, and many years of training with his personal friend Chad Holton who is a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Black Belt underneath Robert Drysdale. Chuck is a retired Professional MMA Fighter and now focuses his efforts on the next generation of students & fighters at Resurgence MMA.
Chuck has numerous accolades & accomplishments, below is a list of some:
– 31 years of wrestling experience underneath Ken Popelka, who was an Olympic Greco Roman Alternate.
– 20 years of Boxing experience under Professional Boxer Jhon Yost.
– 16 years of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu experience
– BJJ Brown Belt underneath Professor Daniel Wanderley
– 5-1 Pro MMA record
– During his time as an active fighter in MMA, Chuck was ranked #2 in the state at middleweight
– 2006 NAGA Arnolds Gi Champion
– 2006 Vaghi Open, 2nd place in Gi & 2nd place in the Open Weight Division
– 2004 Konquer The Mat Light Heavyweight No-Gi Runner Up
– YMCA Youth Wrestling Tournament Champion
Head Kids Coach, Assistant Striking Coach
Spencer started with a traditional karate style of martial arts at age 10 under Professor Jorge D. Ordonio founder and creator of Karate Tech International MMA in Landstuhl, Germany.
After Moving back to the States, Spencer has now made the transition to MMA under Resurgence with coaches Chuck, David, and Andrew as an amateur fighter. Also as the head coach for the Kids Martial Arts program Spencer has a passion for teaching youth martial arts, he loves being able to instill confidence and influence them to be the best versions possible of themselves.
Some of Spencer′s accomplishments/accolades are:
– Numerous first place trophies from Karate Sparring Tournaments as a Youth
– Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Blue Belt underneath Professor Daniel Wanderley
– Kickboxing Blue Belt underneath Andrew Kauzlaric
– 2-1 Muay Thai record
– TBA TOC 2021 2nd place (C-class/Super Middleweight)
– Amateur MMA Fighter
– 2nd fastest MMA win in Resurgence MMA gym history ⌈25 seconds⌉
– Silver medalist at NAGA Chicago
– Bronze Medalist at NAGA Chicago
– Bronze Medalist at Grappling Industries MKE